Tax Archives - Chugh


Foreign Companies that Operate in the US: How to Structure your US Entity and Where to Incorporate

Foreign companies that operate in the United States should evaluate where to incorporate their business based on a careful consideration of state tax laws and other regulations. Additionally, foreign companies may also derive tax benefits by choosing to structure their US entity as either a subsidiary or branch office. These decisions can generate enormous tax savings for companies.

How to Report Foreign Assets on US Taxes and Save on Penalties

During this discussion, Chugh CPAs, LLP Partner, and CPA Baljeet Singh covers how to file taxes in the United States for your foreign assets and income, including real estate, mutual funds, and more. He also goes into detail about who needs to file returns FBAR and Form 8938, and the penalties incurred for not filing them.

Getting your Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loan forgiven and Claiming the Employee Retention Credit

Originally introduced in March 2020, both the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) and the Employee Retention Credit (ERC) have expanded to serve a larger proportion of United States businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic. Luckily, it is possible for employers to get their PPP loans forgiven and still claim the ERC on their 2020 taxes. Together, these two measures provide significant financial relief to American businesses.

Scroll to Top

Request a Consultation

Please use the form below to request a consultation.

By submitting this contact form, you are opting in to receive email communications from Chugh, LLP. Submitting this form does not create an attorney-client relationship. Do not submit confidential information through this form.

Subscribe to Our Content

Complete the required fields below to get cutting-edge insights from Chugh CPAs, LLP team

You are opting in to receive email communications from Chugh, LLP by submitting this form. Subscribing to our content does not create an attorney-client relationship.