Accountant - New York
- Provide support on accounting and tax preparation services for various types of businesses including private, public, government and non-profit organizations
- Preparation of income, payroll and sales taxes.
- Perform bank account reconciliations and account analysis
- Reconcile and maintain balance sheet and P&L accounts, including preparation of journal entries and other G/L operations
- Support budgeting and forecasting actions
- Process month-end closing and assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements
- Assist clients with accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll administration activities
- Support CPAs in preparing and coordinating attestation and auditing services
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
- Compile data and prepare/update systems, spreadsheets and various reports
- Build client relationships and maintain a smooth working engagement
- Participate fully in meetings, trainings and team building events
- Adhere to the concept of team, aligning to and supporting the firm’s vision, mission, goals and core values
- Additional responsibilities, as directed by leadership.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or related field
- 0-3 years experience at an Accounting/Enrolled Agent Firm
- Extremely accurate and thorough
- Knowledge of and proficiency in relevant accounting software
- Knowledge of accounting and financial principles, practices and reporting
- Strong project management and multitasking skills
- Highly organized and able to prioritize and plan efficiently
- Commitment to continuous learning.
Please send resume with cover letter, and at least three professional references to email@example.com.