POSITION TITLE: Accounting Assistant
TEAM: ACC, General
LOCATION: Cerritos, CA (Headquarters)
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Team Lead
CLASSIFICATION: Full time, non-exempt
The Accounting Assistant’s primary purpose is to conduct data entry, processing, and recording
transactions, updating the ledger, assisting with audits or fact-checking, and preparing budgets and
This role is an ideal fit for someone who excels in processing numerical data, is fanatical about the
details, and enjoys supporting clients and senior staff members in accounting tasks. Our most successful
Accountants are true believers in keeping things orderly and compliant and they maintain a well-
organized yet adaptable work style.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing support to the Accounting Department.
- Performing basic office tasks, such as filing, data entry, answering phones, processing the mail,
- Handling communications with clients and vendors via phone, email, and in-person.
- Processing transactions, issuing checks, and updating ledgers, budgets, etc.
- Preparing financial reports.
- Assisting with audits, fact checks, and resolving discrepancies.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or related field
- 0-3 years’ experience in Accounting
- Extremely accurate and thorough
- Knowledge of and proficiency in relevant accounting software
- Knowledge of accounting and financial principles, practices and reporting
- Strong project management and multitasking skills
- Highly organized and able to prioritize and plan efficiently
- Commitment to continuous learning
TYPICAL HIRING PROCESS:
- Phone Interview
- Face to Face Interview with Direct Supervisor
- Face to Face Interview with additional Team Members
- Reference Check
Please send resume with cover letter, writing sample and at least three professional references to email@example.com.