POSITION TITLE: Senior Accountant
TEAM: ACC, General
LOCATION: Cerritos, CA (Headquarters)
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Team Lead
CLASSIFICATION: Full time, non-exempt
The Senior Accountant’s primary purpose is to apply accounting principles and procedures to analyze
financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure
appropriate accounting control procedures.
This role is an ideal fit for someone who excels in processing numerical data, is fanatical about the
details, and enjoys supporting clients and senior staff members in accounting tasks. Our most successful
Senior Accountants are true believers in keeping things orderly and compliant and they maintain a well-
organized yet adaptable work style.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly
and annual accounts.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Prepare financial management reports.
- Ensure accurate timely and monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Continuous management and support of budget and forecast activities.
- Monitor and support taxation issues.
- Develop and maintain financial data bases.
- Financial audit preparation and coordinate the audit process.
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses.
- Analyze and advise on business operations including revenue and expenses.
- Analyze and advise on business operations including revenue and expenditure trends, financial
commitments and future revenues.
- Analyze financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and
procedures, provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or related field
- 6 plus years’ experience in Accounting
- Extremely accurate and thorough
- Knowledge of and proficiency in relevant accounting software
- Knowledge of accounting and financial principles, practices and reporting
- Strong project management and multitasking skills
- Highly organized and able to prioritize and plan efficiently
- Commitment to continuous learning
TYPICAL HIRING PROCESS:
- Phone Interview
- Face to Face Interview with Direct Supervisor
- Face to Face Interview with additional Team Members
- Reference Check
Please send resume with cover letter, writing sample and at least three professional references to email@example.com.