POSITION TITLE: Senior CPA
TEAM: ACC, General
LOCATION: Cerritos, CA (Headquarters)
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Team Lead
CLASSIFICATION: Full time, exempt
The Senior CPA’s primary purpose is to contribute to the goals of the organization by servicing our
growing client base in reviewing, processing and reporting financial data.
This role is an ideal fit for someone who excels in analyzing and interpreting financial data, is fanatical
about the details and enjoys solving challenging puzzles. Our most successful Senior CPAs are true
believers in keeping things orderly and compliant and they maintain a well-organized yet adaptable
work style. Because we expect our CPAs to support the firm’s efforts in business development, this
person must also be comfortable engaging in marketing efforts to bring additional business to the firm.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for tax returns and accounting services for various types of business.
- Responsible for independent attestation and auditing services for things such as company
accounts and financial statements of all kinds.
- Support financial statement and forecasting actions
- Anticipate and mitigate potential financial issues for clients and develop strategies to avoid
areas of exposure
- Compile data and prepare/update systems, spreadsheets and various reports
- Builds client relationships and maintains a smooth working engagement
- Participate fully in meetings, trainings and team building events
- Involved in business development activities that market the firm and generate new revenue
- Adhere to the concept of team, aligning to and supporting the firm’s vision, mission, goals and
- Accounting and reporting for government agencies if needed.
- Accounting and reporting for non-governmental and not-for-profit organizations.
- Accounting and reporting for public and private companies
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Current valid CPA license required
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting or related field
7 plus years’ experience in Public Accounting
Extremely accurate and thorough
Knowledge of and proficiency in financial and tax software tools
Strong project management and multitasking skills
Highly-organized and able to prioritize and plan efficiently
Strong verbal and written communications skills
Commitment to continuous learning
TYPICAL HIRING PROCESS:
- Phone Interview
- Face to Face Interview with Direct Supervisor
- Face to Face Interview with additional Team Members
- Reference Check
Please send resume with cover letter, writing sample and at least three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.