PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITES:
- Preparation of federal, state and local income tax returns for individuals and various types of corporate entities including but not limited to C-Corp, S-Corp, LLC, etc.
- Tax Compliance (Domestic & International)
- Support in audits, review and compilation of books of the clients
- Transaction data entry, account reconciliation, general ledger write-up and journal entry preparation for adjustment of books as required by US GAAP
- Period-End Close Process Management
- Preparation of payroll, sales tax, and other miscellaneous business filings as requested.
- Compilation, Analysis, and Presentation of Financial Statements
- Reconciliation of Bank Accounts, Credit Lines, & Loan Payments
- Manage Integrity of Accounting and Transaction Software Systems & Processes
- Effective workpaper preparation in compliance with firm standards and procedures
- Research and resolution of accounting and tax issues for clients
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associates Degree Required and bachelor’s degree in accounting, tax, finance or related field is preferred -- CPA or CPA Candidate is a definite plus!
- 1 year of relevant experience in a small local public accounting firm: Accounting, business tax returns and/or individual tax returns.
- Proven history in delivery of quality client service.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, as well as financial statement and tax preparation software -- experience in QuickBooks and Creative Solutions/UltraTax or other relevant accounting/tax software.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player with a positive - 'can do' approach.
- Impeccable integrity and self-motivated.
- Ability to multi-task and be agile while maintaining attention to detail.
- Analytical and Passionate About their Work.
- Daily time tracking through firm billing software and sensitivity to maintenance of an appropriate billable time ratio.
- Work as an effective team member to complete project components and assigned tasks.
- A commitment to work extended hours during times of need.
Please send resume with cover letter, and at least three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.